Writing Books/Agents

Is this how it works: the publisher will send the check to the agent, and the agent takes his cut and mails the rest to the author?

Is there anyway I can find out about contracts? What an author should know about contracts and agents?

Hi Demetrius,
Yes, that is exactly how it works. To find out about contracts, ask your agent. The agent is the person who will negotiate the contract with the publisher on your behalf. Most agents will be able to show you a sample contract.

All the best,

Writing Books

Sandy McCutcheon

Author of 22 plays, 12 bestselling thrillers, a memoir and children's fiction.I can work with people on the process of writing, what to expect and ask for from an editor. How to work with the publisher`s marketing and publicity people. And how to survive book launches and publicity tours!

Published author of 22 plays, 12 bestselling thrillers, a young adult and three non-fiction titles. Visit his Moroccan blog at http://www.riadzany.blogspot.com for a look at his blogging work.

St Andrews, Helsinki University and other institutions. Adult Educator of the Year Award, Australia