Writing Books/Bio help

I have a poetry manuscript that is ready to be sent in, but my publisher also wants a bio with it.  I don't know what information to put in the bio and so I am asking for help.  If you could give me a basic outline of what should be in one that would be enough for me.
Thank you for taking the time to help me,

A bio is pretty simple.  You really just want the nuts & bolts of things.  You may or may not want to reveal your age, for example.  You'll want to include any relevant publishing history, like poems published in magazines, etc.  You'll probably want to mention where you grew up and where you live now.  That sort of thing.

For example, if I were doing a book of poetry, mine might read something like this:

Vincent M. Wales grew up in the small town of Brockway in northwestern Pennsylvania. He earned his degree in English under the Writing Option at the Pennsylvania State University, where he was a founding member of the Penn State Writers Club and head of its Fiction Writers Group.

He teaches a variety of fiction writing courses in the greater Sacramento area and is a 3-topic volunteer artisan at AllExperts.com. "The Poetry Closet," a section of his personal website, has been online since February of 1996. He has served on the Board of Directors of Northern California Publishers & Authors since 2003.

His poetry has appeared in The Wolf Head Quarterly.  His first novel, WISH YOU WERE HERE, was critically acclaimed.  His newest novel, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, will be appearing soon.

He currently lives in Northern California with his wife, Lori, and three cats, who prefer to remain anonymous.

(Hope that's helpful!)

Writing Books

Vincent M. Wales

I am a speculative fiction novelist (fantasy, science fiction, and so on). While I may be able to answer questions on non-fiction, my specialty is fiction. Please keep that in mind when asking questions.

For four years, I taught a series of fiction writing classes in Sacramento, CA.

BA in fiction writing.

My 2004 novel, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, won BEST FICTION in Fresh Voices 2006, BEST FICTION and BEST YA FICTION in the NCPA Book Awards, and placed as a finalist in BEST BOOKS 2005. In 2002, my novel WISH YOU WERE HERE won awards for Best Fantasy and Best Fiction/Drama in the 8th Annual SPA Awards. My latest work is a trilogy titled THE MANY DEATHS OF DYNAMISTRESS (a superhero memoir). The first book, RECKONING, was released in 2013 and won the SF category in the 2014 San Francisco Book Festival, took second place in the 2013 Royal Dragonfly Book Awards for the SF/Fantasy/Paranormal category, second place in the SF category of the 2013 Reader Views Reviewers Choice Awards, and was finalist in Foreword's 2013 Book of the Year Awards, Fantasy category. The second book, REDEMPTION, will be released in early 2015 and the final book, RENAISSANCE, is scheduled for release in late 2016.