Writing Books/Book Format

I would like to know what margins etc...do the computer need to be set at for typing your book?

Hello Stacy:

When working on drafts, you may set the margins however you please. But for your final draft, the one you will submit, the accepted practice is:

1-1/2" left margin
     1" top, bottom, right side
     indent 5 spaces for new paragraphs
     double space the text
     justify left

Your publisher's requirements may be slightly different.

Here are some sites that might help you:

(You will have to cut and paste as this site does not support hyperlinks).

I hope this helps. If it does, a nice rating would be greatly appreciated. I am proud of my high score over 600 questions.

And good luck with your writing!

Writing Books

Susan Rand

I can answer questions about the elements of fiction and non-fiction writing: how to get started, writing techniques, re-writing, etc. I will NOT write for you, do critiques except from my website at http://pygmypress.com, or give you ideas. I will not answer home-or-schoolwork questions in any category. If English is your second language, please say so, and I will make an exception. Please submit no more than one or two questions at once, as I tend to go into detail in my answers.

I wrote my first book in 1957 and have been writing and studying writing since. I have a BA in Written Communications, and have taught writing both privately and through adult education for 15 years. Have also edited (fiction books) for an online publisher and edited/wrote more than 100 articles for a teen sex education site. Currently writing web content and mentoring beginning writers.

BA degree in Written Communication