Writing Books/Book Idea

Question
Hello Nori Muster,
I'm currently working on my first novel and I've been doing serious research on the process of getting published. However, almost two years ago I wrote a play. I reread it recently and an idea came to me. The play is definitely a quality story as well as a smooth read and so I've been wondering about the feasibility of having it published as reading material as opposed to looking for playhouses willing to produce it. In your opinion, is that something that publishing houses would consider or is the playwrighting format solely restricted to theatric circles?

Answer
Dear Quentin,
Thank you for your letter. It seems like a good idea, but I'm not sure there would be a very large audience for a script as a book. It might be better to try to sell it to someone as a script. Instead of trying playhouses, try pitching it to an agent. Sometimes they can sell a script on spec. It's out of your hands whether it will ever get made, but you get your money for it.
I hope this helps. I encourage you to get another opinion because I may be mistaken on this. I am mostly in journalism and books. Here's my general page for writers:
http://steamboats.com/writing.html
Sincerely,
Nori

Writing Books

Nori J. Muster