Writing Books/Book Proposal

Question
Working on a Book Proposal
Hi Mr Brody
I've just finished writing one of two 'sample chapters' of a 'Self-Improvement' type book. The chapter examines the issue in some detail and its implications; in all probability this will be the opening chapter

Though I've a fairly good idea of the structure and chapter sequence of the book I'm not quite sure what criteria I should use in deciding what the second (sample) chapter should be; I'm thinking in terms of 'maximum impact' here. Any 'sound' advice would be welcome.

Thanks: Keep up the good work

Answer
I'd suggest you use the two chapters that do most to set your book apart from the competition.  Most publishers' primary concern in deal with this genre is differentiation, e.g., "what makes your book different from and better than all the others on the market?"  The sample chapters should answer this question.

Writing Books

E.W. Brody