Writing Books/Book Proposal

Working on a Book Proposal
Hi Mr Brody
I've just finished writing one of two 'sample chapters' of a 'Self-Improvement' type book. The chapter examines the issue in some detail and its implications; in all probability this will be the opening chapter

Though I've a fairly good idea of the structure and chapter sequence of the book I'm not quite sure what criteria I should use in deciding what the second (sample) chapter should be; I'm thinking in terms of 'maximum impact' here. Any 'sound' advice would be welcome.

Thanks: Keep up the good work

I'd suggest you use the two chapters that do most to set your book apart from the competition.  Most publishers' primary concern in deal with this genre is differentiation, e.g., "what makes your book different from and better than all the others on the market?"  The sample chapters should answer this question.

Writing Books

E.W. Brody

How to get published. I`ve written eight books, edited a ninth, and have published more articles in business and professional journals than I care to remember. I`m in process of working with an agent at the moment on several non-academic books

Three university degrees, eight published books, more periodical and newspaper articles than I can remember. And I've two more books in development.