Writing Books/Book Proposal

Question
Hi Nori.

I would like more information regarding book proposals.  For example how do I entice a publisher with my proposal, and how to find the right publishing house.

Thanks, Susie

Answer
Dear Susie,
Thank you for your question. Try to see the book proposal as your pitch. The inquiry letter is the most important. Publishers will usually know if they want to see the manuscript just from reading your cover letter.
At my site I have posted an article called, "How to Find a Publisher" that offers more information. See:
http://steamboats.com/writing.html
If you're looking for a U.S. publisher, I recommend joining the WritersMarket.com online search service. It's just like the book Writer's Market, but it's more convenient because you can search online for the type of publisher you need. It's $30 but worth it.
If you have more questions after reading over the article at my site, feel free to write back again.
Sincerely,
Nori

Writing Books

Nori J. Muster