Writing Books/Book Publishing Questions

How do I get my book into "Book Form?"

What do I do to get my book published?  Any suggestions as to how I should go about publishing my book would be helpful.

Should I get an Agent and an Editor? Is getting both a good idea?  How do I find a good agent and/or editor to help me get my book published?

Anything you think I need to know.

Thank You, Kelly Carestia

Thanks for the question.  To get your book into book form you can put the text into a applicaiton program such as MS Word or for the more sophisticated Quark Express or PageMaker which are pretty expensive.  You will need to determine the size of your book meaning 5.5X8.5 or 6X9 are typical.  Since you are starting out I would suggest that you get a copy of Dan Poynters book "Self Publishers Manual" it will answer many of your questions and get his free newsletter at  He is the best.
Good Luck.

Writing Books

Tom Campbell

When you are ready to print your book I can help you with how to prepare your book for the printer, what to expect from a printer and what you must understand yourself. How long does it take to print a book and methods of printing that make sense and what your costs should be in the process.

25 years of business experience including web development and printing. Currently Senior Vice President of Sales for King Printing Company. I'll approach all questions objectively.