Writing Books/My Book idea

Question
I am a t4 paraplegic due to gunshot wounds.  I want to write a book about the years in spent in the streets of Washington, DC selling drugs and living in that life.  I want to tell my story and how I live with my disability.  My question would be is there an interest for this type of book? How do i start it? Is this idea sellable?  How much time do I need to put into this project? I have several ideas for books in this same line of idea.

Answer
P.S. The best way to make a lot of money from your story is if you can sell it as a TV drama or movie.  It's difficult to sell a screenplay, but if you have had a very unusual life, there might be some interest. You might write up yoru story a treatment or a proposal, then pitch it to a few agents to see if you get any response. However, the best way to sell an agent is to have a completed screenplay to offer. Finished screenplays sell much easier than treatments. To make your story a screenplay you will have a steep learning curve. If possible, sign up for a screenwriting workshop to learn all the ins and outs.
Having a ghost writer can be a big waste, since you may end up paying the ghost writer, then not selling the product. Better to roll up your sleeves and learn how to write a screenplay yourself. I haven't done that yet, but I hear it's pretty easy to learn in a weekend workshop.
All for now. - Nori

Writing Books

Nori J. Muster