Writing Books/My Book idea

I am a t4 paraplegic due to gunshot wounds.  I want to write a book about the years in spent in the streets of Washington, DC selling drugs and living in that life.  I want to tell my story and how I live with my disability.  My question would be is there an interest for this type of book? How do i start it? Is this idea sellable?  How much time do I need to put into this project? I have several ideas for books in this same line of idea.

P.S. The best way to make a lot of money from your story is if you can sell it as a TV drama or movie.  It's difficult to sell a screenplay, but if you have had a very unusual life, there might be some interest. You might write up yoru story a treatment or a proposal, then pitch it to a few agents to see if you get any response. However, the best way to sell an agent is to have a completed screenplay to offer. Finished screenplays sell much easier than treatments. To make your story a screenplay you will have a steep learning curve. If possible, sign up for a screenwriting workshop to learn all the ins and outs.
Having a ghost writer can be a big waste, since you may end up paying the ghost writer, then not selling the product. Better to roll up your sleeves and learn how to write a screenplay yourself. I haven't done that yet, but I hear it's pretty easy to learn in a weekend workshop.
All for now. - Nori

Writing Books

Nori J. Muster

Writing and publishing books, including e-books.

I have been writing for publication since 1981, including years as a staff writer, associate editor, editorial writer, and freelance reporter. At this time, I have eight Kindle books for sale at Amazon.com.

Lakes of Tempe Authors, Tempe, Arizona

Betrayal of the Spirit: My Life behind the Headlines of the Hare Krishna Movement
Dreaming Peace: Your Thoughts Can Change the World
Cult Recovery Handbook: Seven Paths to an Authentic Life
Child of the Cult
Learning to Flow with the Tao: The 64 Hexagrams of the I Ching
Positive Quotations: Wisdom from the Master Mind
Collected Writings: Five Books by Nori Muster
Noriland Art Gallery: Secrets from the Vault
Spiritual Summer and Other Short Stories

UCLA Extension Writer's Program, 1988 - 1994
Master's Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies, Western Oregon University, 1991

USA Today, Los Angeles Times, BBC World Services Focus on Faith, BBC Sunday Programme, Salon.com, Glamour Magazine, Portland Mercury News, W-Five TV (Toronto), Publisher's Weekly, Boston Phoenix, San Francisco Chronicle, ABC TV News - 20/20, ABC radio, Associated Press, The Age (Melbourne), Rediff.com, The New York Times, Religious News Service, Dallas Morning News, Columbia Journalism School, Whole Life Times (Los Angeles), Toronto Sun, the John Dayle Show (KFYI AM, Phoenix), the Eliot Stein Show (syndicated radio and Internet broadcast), Discovery with Josh Wagner (KKUP, 91.5 FM, Santa Clara, California), KOGO (News Radio 600, San Diego), Jupiterís Girl syndicated radio show, Lakes Log.

Book Reviews:
Publisherís Weekly, Feminist Bookstore News, Yoga Journal, New York Post, Choice Magazine, Boston Herald, Nexus (Colorado), Gentle Strength Times, Coastlines (UCSB alumni), Theology Digest, Nova Religio, Rapport, India West, Rediff.com, Amazon.com.

Book Signings:
Prescott College reunion; Gentle Strength Co-op, Tempe; Different Drummer Bookshop, Laguna Beach; L.A. Times Toastmasters; Biltmore Plaza Border's Books, Phoenix; Bodhi Tree Bookstore, Los Angeles; Health & Life Enrichment Expo, Pasadena; Sacramento Reads book festival, and others.

ISKCON World Review, Van Dhal Publications, Gentle Strength Times, Arizona Woman, Lakes Log, ICSA Today, Cultic Studies Review, University of Illinois Press, Kindle, steamboats.com, surrealist.org, Apple Books, and others.