Writing Books/Book organization

Question
Hello Nori,
I am interested in writing a non-fiction/informative book.
I'm thinking around 300 pages.
I have no experience whatsoever.
Whats the best way to organize my thoughts and the book?
How much time will it take?
Are there any good websites that can help during this process?
Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks again.  

Answer
Dear David,
Thank you for your questions. The first step in writing a non-fiction book is to do a lierature review. That means you look up every book that's already been published on the subject. You need to know what's out there so you don't duplicate other authors' efforts, plus in your book proposal you need to tell publishers why your book stands out. Most books come to the author in a seed form. That is, you get a vision of the entire book in one flash. The next step is to download the manuscript from your mind onto paper. This is difficult and usually the first draft will not match what you see in your mind. A good way to get the book to come down in better form is described in the book, "Writing the Natural Way." You can find the book at my page for writers (click on the book cover to learn more).
http://steamboats.com/writing.html
It can take a long time to write a book. My first book took eight years, although the final version only took about 1-1/2 years. My positive thinking book took about a year to write. The book I'm working on now will take approximately two years. I'm only in the first year of it at this time.
The main thing to keep in mind is that no two books are alike. Every book is different. There is no "one way" to write your book. You need to find your own way. I hope the book, Writing the Natural Way, will help you.  You will also find some useful links posted at my page for writers. Write back if you want to discuss further.
Sincerely,
Nori

Writing Books

Nori J. Muster