Writing Books/Brochures for Practice

Hi Nori,
I am a licensed acupuncturist having also completed my iridology certification. I should also finish with reflexology training in May of this year. I plan on opening a practice this Summer offering all three of the modalities mentioned above.
I desire to distribute two separate brochures; one for acupuncture & reflexology, & the other for iridology.
My question is (1)whether it would be more economical to hire someone professionally to create the content of the brochures, then printing them with my own computer, or (2)create the brochure's content myself and ask for help from persons like yourself or some type of editor to "proof read" or go over the material before printing. I think that I could publish the brochures with software such as M.S. Publisher or something similar.
Also, would you have any other suggestions on creating these brochures?
I would appreciate your opinion greatly!

Mike Eidson, LAc.

Dear Mike,
Thank you for your questions. Wow, I wish you lived around here. I could use an iridology reading. My first husband and I used to produce a newsletter for Harry Wolf, which was the international Iridology Review (can't remember the exact name). It was back in the late 1980s.. I also see an acupuncturist once a month. I think acupuncture is more effective than allopathic medicine and could tell you some great stories about how it has cured me of disease. I have been using acupuncture since about 1986.
Now back to your questions. I recommend that you write the brochures yourself and print them on your computer. Once you settle on a format, if you decide to print 50 or more, take the disk to your local printer and have them done professionally. That might save you money on ink cartridges.
On how to write it. A good way to start is to just throw out all your ideas on paper. In other words download all your thoughts onto paper. You might even get a large piece of paper and use the clustering method described in "Writing the Natural Way." (You can see this book at my page for writers -
When everything is out on paper, pick what you want to put in the brochures. Then you can start to edit it down. You want to stick within a certain number of words so the type can be fairly large and manageable. Don't make people get out their reading glasses to see the fine print. Also include some graphics, like a picture of you, a logo, or picture related to your practice (an iridology chart, a reflexology chart, a meridian chart, etc.).
The main things you want to include are what it is, why people should come to you, and your contact information.
After you write the copy, run it by an editor. I would volunteer in exchange for some iridology advice.
You can contact me through AllExperts or through my writers page.
I hope this helps,

Writing Books

Nori J. Muster

Writing and publishing books, including e-books.

I have been writing for publication since 1981, including years as a staff writer, associate editor, editorial writer, and freelance reporter. At this time, I have eight Kindle books for sale at

Lakes of Tempe Authors, Tempe, Arizona

Betrayal of the Spirit: My Life behind the Headlines of the Hare Krishna Movement
Dreaming Peace: Your Thoughts Can Change the World
Cult Recovery Handbook: Seven Paths to an Authentic Life
Child of the Cult
Learning to Flow with the Tao: The 64 Hexagrams of the I Ching
Positive Quotations: Wisdom from the Master Mind
Collected Writings: Five Books by Nori Muster
Noriland Art Gallery: Secrets from the Vault
Spiritual Summer and Other Short Stories

UCLA Extension Writer's Program, 1988 - 1994
Master's Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies, Western Oregon University, 1991

USA Today, Los Angeles Times, BBC World Services Focus on Faith, BBC Sunday Programme,, Glamour Magazine, Portland Mercury News, W-Five TV (Toronto), Publisher's Weekly, Boston Phoenix, San Francisco Chronicle, ABC TV News - 20/20, ABC radio, Associated Press, The Age (Melbourne),, The New York Times, Religious News Service, Dallas Morning News, Columbia Journalism School, Whole Life Times (Los Angeles), Toronto Sun, the John Dayle Show (KFYI AM, Phoenix), the Eliot Stein Show (syndicated radio and Internet broadcast), Discovery with Josh Wagner (KKUP, 91.5 FM, Santa Clara, California), KOGO (News Radio 600, San Diego), Jupiterís Girl syndicated radio show, Lakes Log.

Book Reviews:
Publisherís Weekly, Feminist Bookstore News, Yoga Journal, New York Post, Choice Magazine, Boston Herald, Nexus (Colorado), Gentle Strength Times, Coastlines (UCSB alumni), Theology Digest, Nova Religio, Rapport, India West,,

Book Signings:
Prescott College reunion; Gentle Strength Co-op, Tempe; Different Drummer Bookshop, Laguna Beach; L.A. Times Toastmasters; Biltmore Plaza Border's Books, Phoenix; Bodhi Tree Bookstore, Los Angeles; Health & Life Enrichment Expo, Pasadena; Sacramento Reads book festival, and others.

ISKCON World Review, Van Dhal Publications, Gentle Strength Times, Arizona Woman, Lakes Log, ICSA Today, Cultic Studies Review, University of Illinois Press, Kindle,,, Apple Books, and others.