Writing Books/COpyright of collected stories

Question
Hello.. I have collected 15 TRUE stories written by others for my book......DO I COPYRIGHT IT ALL IN MY NAME?  DO I COPYRIGHT IT AS WORK FOR HIRE?  Thanks.

Answer
Let me explain copyright. As long as you have your copyright symbol and date, name on each story- it's considered solely yours and all rights reserved.

No writer can afford to pay a legal copyright with the US Copyright for each and every story or article he writes.

If you want to protect yourself, as later if needed in court for plagiarism, then mail each "story" or "article" to yourself with the return address being yours, and when you receive it, DO NOT open it ever. File it away, and the judge opens it to prove it was yours and not the one who stole it...

There is no such thing as "copyright work for hire."

The writer/author is for hire as a freelancer, his works are copyrighted to him as original works written by him, therefore copyrighted when you add your copyright notice at the bottom of each piece.

I hope that answered your question.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett