Writing Books/Characters

Question
Hello:

What's the secret to making characters live?

Thank you.

Answer
Hello Heather,

It helps greatly if you have a solid knowledge of human psychology.  If you do not, then try to let the characters be themselves ... be true to themselves.  Do not contrive them and manipulate them.  Let them tell YOU who they are.

People are seldom all bad or all good.  You find both in everyone.   Show the weaknesses of your heroes and the strengths of your villians.

Do not Create your characters.  Let them come as they are needed. They will, trust me.  They will show up and tell you exactly what part they will play.

I hope this helps.  And good luck,

Happy writing,
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris