Writing Books/Children's books

Question
HI:  I've written a children's book.  It is not illustrated, should I get it illustrated? Any suggestions as to how or where?  I've sent it to a couple publishers, but have had no acceptances.  I did try an agent, but found out they were a scam agency.  Other inquiries to agents remain unanswered.  It is a great little story and I hate to give up.  Any suggestions you can offer would be appreciated?

Answer
Dear Wendy,
Thank you for your letter. Usually a publisher wants to find the illustrator. Children's book publishers usually have illustrators they want to work with. So if you found an illustrator, it would probably be a waste of time and money for you and a disappointment for the illustrator.
I suggest you keep trying to find a publisher, sending inquiries to medium to small publishers. Don't bother with agents for now.
Writers Market publishes a whole edition of childrens book publishers. Also, they have an online database you can join for $30 a year. At my page for writers I have posted links to Writers Market and to the directory. Click on the book cover to see the book at Amazon.com.
http://steamboats.com/writing.html
Best to you.
Sincerely,
Nori

Writing Books

Nori J. Muster