Writing Books/Creating Characters

Question
How do you make really good characters?  Not just main characters, but other characters as well.

Answer
Hello Rina,

Be honest. Let the characters show you who they are and let them guide most of the action. Let them be true to themselves, consistent. Don't censor them. Don't imprison them in your conscious ideas of morality or political correctness. Don't make them one type of person in one action and another type in the next action. Let them live. It helps to know an awful lot about human psychology, especially Jungian Depth Psychology, but if you don't, learn to observe people around you every day. Understand why they do things and above all, understand that most people haven't the slightest idea...true idea...of why they do things. The bigger part of ourself is hidden from our conscious awareness.
Happy writing,
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris