Writing Books/Finding an Agent

Question
Hello,
I am planning on writing a book, it's real life, but fictional, and it's a novel, not a biography or anything. Could you give me some names and email addresses for literary agents that specialize in that field, and if not, could you suggest a book I could buy that'll help me?
Thanks

Answer
Dear Daremo,

I don't know of any agents to whom I could direct you; I wish I did!

Probably your best bet is to look for agents in your area, or at least in your region; it would be easier and less expensive to start out working with agents with a "medium-profile" re: reputation and experience as opposed to going straight to the "high-profile" ones.

To find these agents, of course you'd want to refer to the Yellow Pages, but also use an Internet search engine like Google to find either a one-person agency or an company close to you.

I'm very sorry I can't be of more help, but that's the best I can offer -- also, every good bookstore is always well-stocked with books on "How to Find an Agent," so you should very easily find some answers there, as well.

Again, I wish I could be of more assistance to you, but I certainly wish you well and hope you find great success with your book!

All Best,
Catherine Van Herrin  

Writing Books

Catherine Van Herrin