Writing Books/How to Finish? Maybe a Ghostwriter?

Question
I've been writing a fantasy novel for the last 6 years. When I started me and my collaborator were fairly young and a lot was writing for entertainment value. We were 14.

Since then I've have grown up and my taste are more refined and instead of a silly little fantasy novel for 12 year old's it's become much more of a serious epic.

Here the question. I'm not really a writer anymore. I work full time, I have so many things to do and the inspiration to do the physical writing hasn't been there for years.

The story has become so big and so grand. I know it'd be very successful. How do you put on paper, things that are so eloquent in your head? Should I consider a ghostwriter?

And how do I shift from writing the details of the story to actually writing the story?

Answer
Well, Ashley, you're not alone.Most writers have day jobs that take up a lot of energy and time so that writing gets pushed to last on the list of things to do.  And if it just isn't a priority in your life anymore, it gets almost impossible to find time to write.

You have a double problem.  The shift from writing the details to actually writing the story will take some research.  Check Amazon for books on how to write fantasy.  Pick the best one and do what it says.

As for a ghostwriter, that's going to cost money.  Probably lots of it. You can find ghostwriters on the web.

Another possibility is to learn how to pitch your fantasy to a tv network or film studio.  You might sell the concept for a movie option and someone else writes the screenplay.  The possibility of this working out is slim to none.

I know I don't sound very encouraging.  But, most writers I know are so busy writing their own books that they don't want to write someone else's.  Your options ARE few and difficult.

Are you sure you can't finish it yourself?  That would really be the easiest, cheapest way to get the story done.

I wish you a ton of luck!

Liz Aleshire
www.lizaleshire.com

Writing Books

Liz Aleshire