Writing Books/Forming Ideas

Hi, I just wanted clarification about one of the questions you answered earlier. (I'm writing fiction).

You gave this advice:
"Type your idea into your word processing program, with all the details you have now. When you run out, stop, but do the same thing the next day, and the next, every time something occurs to you. Keep going this way until you seem to have come to an end, or the main problem is resolved."

I was just wondering if you meant for the writer to re-write every idea again every new day, or simply add the ideas they thought of to the original document.

I know this question is really obscure and this is the first time I've ever used this service and I don't even know if it's worth my time asking this question, or even writing itself. I've become really off put and pessimistic about every new idea I have, and I lose interest quickly, leading to a lot of wasted ideas. If you do answer this question, thank you.  

Hello Vinni:

Sorry if this is late; I've been in the hospital.

I mean each time something new occurs to you. You may not want to type it into the original document until you have let it "perk" for a while. Then look at it again and see if you still want to use it. If you are ambivalent, leave it out.  

Writing Books

Susan Rand

I can answer questions about the elements of fiction and non-fiction writing: how to get started, writing techniques, re-writing, etc. I will NOT write for you, do critiques except from my website at, or give you ideas. I will not answer home-or-schoolwork questions in any category. If English is your second language, please say so, and I will make an exception. Please submit no more than one or two questions at once, as I tend to go into detail in my answers.

I wrote my first book in 1957 and have been writing and studying writing since. I have a BA in Written Communications, and have taught writing both privately and through adult education for 15 years. Have also edited (fiction books) for an online publisher and edited/wrote more than 100 articles for a teen sex education site. Currently writing web content and mentoring beginning writers.

BA degree in Written Communication