Writing Books/General

Hey there, i'm just a 16 year old, but i want to start writing a book to be constructive with my time. I want it to be something teenagers can relate to. Lately i've been confused, feeling weird. and there's no better way to get away from reality, then by going into a book. I just am not sure with the technique. Please Reply, Thanking You Nishant Parekh

Hi Nishant,
Sorry it took so long to reply, but I have been travelling and only just returned.

My suggestion is that you start a diary and begin to record your thoughts every day. The practice of writing every day will help to concentrate your thoughts. Then when you read back over the issues that you have recorded, you will find that there is at least one idea that would make a good starting point for a book.

The other important thing is to read as many books as possible that are like the kind of book you want to write. That way you will understand the structure and storytelling techniques that are needed.

Best of luck

Writing Books

Sandy McCutcheon

Author of 22 plays, 12 bestselling thrillers, a memoir and children's fiction.I can work with people on the process of writing, what to expect and ask for from an editor. How to work with the publisher`s marketing and publicity people. And how to survive book launches and publicity tours!

Published author of 22 plays, 12 bestselling thrillers, a young adult and three non-fiction titles. Visit his Moroccan blog at http://www.riadzany.blogspot.com for a look at his blogging work.

St Andrews, Helsinki University and other institutions. Adult Educator of the Year Award, Australia