Writing Books/General Book Publishing Questions

Hi Kenneth, I am a new writer and I was hoping you could give me some advice and answers as to how I should go about publishing my books.  Anything you can tell me would be appriciated.

How do I get my book into "Book Form?"

What do I do to get my book published?  Any suggestions as to how I should go about publishing my book would be helpful.

Should I get an Agent and an Editor? Is getting both a good idea?  How do I find a good agent and/or editor to help me get my book published?

Anything you think I need to know.

Thank You, Kelly Carestia

This is a loaded question!

First off, "Book form" is typically Times New Roman font, size 12pt, double-spaced. Second, how does the book look from a professional standpoint? Has it been thoroughly edited? Take a look at my Web site to get an idea of how I can help you with this:

Second, getting published depends on your ultimate goal. If you're self-publishing, there are a variety of different options available to you. Be sure to check out to get an idea of how self-publishing works.

If you're looking for a larger publishing house to publish your book, you're going to need to find an agent first. Publishers like Penguin Putnam and HarperCollins don't look at queries that aren't agented. So you need to find an agent. I can help you with this, too, along with your manuscript, so be sure to check out my Web site.

For a good start, be sure to stop by your local bookstore to pick up a copy of the Agent's Market, which will not only give you a listing of agents and the types of manuscripts they represent, it will also give you some tips on writing a good query letter.

Writing Books

Kenneth Brosky

I can answer any question related to grammar, English style usage, and elements of fiction in addition to helpful advice on plot, characterization and setting, or any general writing questions.

Past/Present clients
Too numerous to mention. Email for testimonials!