Writing Books/Hallo, I have a ? about writing schools, can you help?

Question
I am doing a powerpoint for my computers class and I was wondering if you could tell which corses you need to take in High School and or in Collage. I would also like to know if you can tell me if you know any good writing schools in the U.S, or North Carolina. I apresheate you're time.

Karen.

Answer
Dear Karen,
Thank you for your questions. Good classes for a future writer are literature, language, and creative writing. You can learn what came before and learn to appreciate good writing in a literature class. You learn to use language by studying other languages. You get practice writing and reading your work in a group in a creative writing class.
As far as good writing schools, you're looking for colleges that offer a degree in creative writing. I think Writers Digest magazine does an annual review of good writing schools. You might do a Google search for keywords like "writing, schools, degrees, recommended." Or search the Writers Digest site, or similar sites.
I hope this helps.
Sincerely,
Nori

P.S. My page for writers is http://steamboats.com/writing.html
and might contain some useful links.

Writing Books

Nori J. Muster