Writing Books/Help!!

Question
I am 2/3 of the way through my first novel.  I have just gotten a request for a submission from a publisher.  Right now I have no chapter breaks, no format nothing but great words!  How do I shape this up, break down chapters ect??  Help

Answer
Hello Michelle,

The only advice I can give you is that tyou contact the publisher, tell him just what you said in your message to me and ask him if he can wait for you to finish or would he prefer to read the very rough draft as it is now. I cannot think of a way to hurry the process of cleaning up a rough work.  If he can't wait, at least he will let you know if he thinks the words are as great as you think.

By the way, I have never heard of a publisher requesting a submission from an unpublished author.  You are lucky indeed.

The best book to teach you how to edit a rough draft is "Getting The Words Right" by Cheney.

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris