Writing Books/Hints/tips on How to write a best seller

Question
Dear Sandy McCutcheon,
I studied literature at A levels and Journalism at College if I may use the American system.

I have always wanted to write a book written many starts to my best seller to call it but never finished bcoz I run short of plot/story line and words.
Lease help me achieve the best way to string good plots and words and creat realistic character and carry them throught the book.
Plse send me some examples/samples to learn or refer from

If you wish I shall send you my pieces and plans.

I leave in Uganda one of three east african Countries headed by President Yoweri Museveni.I think this addition may be important to you.

My best regards,
Robert Maxwell O.

Answer
Dear Robert,
This is a frequently asked question, usually by younger writers. The skill in writing comes only inpart from academic training - mostly it comes from life experience. The best training for a writer is actually very simple. Read and observe. Read every book of the genre you wish to write in. When I was beginning I was reading five books a week and did this for several years. Then observing. Spend hours simply watching people and imagining their stories from birth through to death. By doing this you will find that plot and character come easily. Without this training you would always struggle.

I wish you the best of luck.

Sandy  

Writing Books

Sandy McCutcheon