Writing Books/Hints/tips on How to write a best seller

Question
Dear Susan Rand,
I studied literature at A levels and Journalism at College if I may use the American system.

I have always wanted to write a book written many starts to my best seller to call it but never finished bcoz I run short of plot/story line and words.
Lease help me achieve the best way to string good plots and words and creat realistic character and carry them throught the book.
Plse send me some examples/samples to learn or refer from

If you wish I shall send you some of my pieces and plans to edit through.

I leave in Uganda one of three east african Countries headed by President Yoweri Museveni.I think this addition may be important to you.

My best regards,
Robert Maxwell O.

Answer
Dear Robert:

There is no way I can teach you all those things on this format. Due to limited space, I can answer only one or two questions at a time.

It will be very difficult for you to publish a book in English until you have become fluent in the language. Have you publishers in Uganda? Do you plan to write and publish in your native language, for Ugandans? Or is your aim to publish in the US?

I charge for editing, so please don't send your work here. Instead, please visit my website, at http://www.webspawner.com/users/rand49/index.html (You will have to cut and paste as this site does not support hyperlinks). There I offer many writing services at very low prices - that is, low for this country.

My suggestion for you is to:

First, join some writing forums online. You can find them at geocities.com, groups.yahoo.com and msn.com. If you don't wish to pay a professional, put your writing up in these forums, but keep in mind that most of the responses you get will be from beginners.

Second, start accumulating books in the field. You can find many at amazon.com or barnesandnoble.com or at rufusbooks.com. The cost will range from 5 US dollars to $20. I would suggest you buy HOW TO WRITE A DAMN GOOD NOVEL by James N. Frey, CREATING CHARACTER EMOTIONS by Ann Hood. Writer's Digest Books has published a whole series of books under titles like SETTING AND DESCRIPTION, DIALOGUE, CHARACTER TRAITS, PLOT,  

Third, seek out other professional writers or other people around you who want to write and learn from them. If you don't have a writing club in your area, see if you can form one.

Writers who write best-selling novels serve long apprenticeships. It takes years to learn how to write well. Make sure it's important enough to you to carry you through the learning process.

I hope this helps. If it does, a nice rating would be greatly appreciated. I am proud of my high score over 670 questions.

And good luck with your writing!

Writing Books

Susan Rand