Writing Books/ISBN question

Question
Hi Tom,

I received an ISBN number in 1992 for a self-published book (0-9633487-0-1). I understand that you can generate up to ten numbers from a previous ISBN. I've contacted Bowker, and they want me to send them $100 to figure out what the new numbers would be.

Question- do you or one of your experts know how I could determine the other nine ISBN numbers from this previous one? After that, where should I register the new numbers?

Answer
Rick
The way Bowker works is that they issue lots of ISBN numbers which are 10, 100, 1000.  If you purchased one it was either from a publisher or someone who owns the prefix.  If you have paid for 10 numbers you should have a form that allows you access to their website with specific logon info.   You can go online a www.bowker.com and get all the info needed but if you need more help let me know.
Thanks
Tom
tcampbell@kingprinting.com
978-458-2345

Writing Books

Tom Campbell