Writing Books/MEMOIRS

Question
Good morning, I have written my memoirs for my son. It is in draft form.  I would like to put in book form.  What is the best template to use, a thesis template?  I have tried to find a book writing template in MS(free) without success.  Thanks....

Answer
Hello Donna:

What do you plan to do with the book? Will you try to sell it to a publisher, or is it just for your son?

If it is just for your son, you may use any format you want. As far as I know, there is no "book-writing template." If you want to print it out and bind it some way, leave two inches on the left-hand margin, 0.5 on the right, and one inch on the bottom and top. Number the pages as you will. Double-spacing is easy to read, but takes a lot of paper. One and one-half inches, if that is available to you, also works.

On the other hand, if you want to sell it to a publisher, that is a whole different matter - not enough space here to explain it. If you will go to my website, http://pygmypress.com, and contact me from there, I will explain further.

I hope this has helped. If it has, a nice rating would be greatly appreciated. I am proud of my high scores over 1300+ questions.

And good luck with your writing!  

Writing Books

Susan Rand