Writing Books/New Book

Question
QUESTION: I am a complete novice looking for a ghostwriter or collabroator for fiction. I have an idea for a book an I've written many notes and bought videos. I have some names that I can send to, but before I send to them I would like to know what I need to do to present the ghostwriters or collabroators this idea (and notes) thatI have. I am not a writer, bu based on soem reseacrh, I came up with something I think would be a fun book. Do I need to write a short story, or write up characters, in order to submit to the ghostwriter or collaborator? Thank you very much for your time.

ANSWER: Hello Jim,

You would need to write a synopsis to submit to a ghostwriter and then he might ask for something more, but what he would need would depend entirely on him (or her).

Happy writing,
Dorothy

QUESTION: Hi Dorothy, thank you for the reply. I didn't notice I could send a follow-up question which I had from the previous question. The follow-up question I have is, assuming my book would be about 500-550 pages, how many pages would warrant a good synopsis in general? I know it depends for each writer to a certain extent, but I am just looking for a general idea. I don't know if this synopsis should be about 1-3 pages, 5-10 pages or 20-25 pages etc?

Also, I noticed that you had mentioned that you have written 3 novels. Would you be interested in seeing my synopsis? No problem if you are not.

Thank you so much for your time.

Answer
Hi Jim,

First of all, I am not a ghostwriter and do not wish to become one.  Second, if I do review your synopsis, I would do it as an editor, looking for substance, grammar, construction, composition and readability.  Therefore I would charge a fee.   
The synopsis should be nore than two typewritten pages.  If you are interested in having me review it, please respond to my email address:  dkm122535@sbcglobal.net

Best regards,
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris