Writing Books/New writer inquiry

Question
I am a new writer of a recently published book. I am only selling online at the moment...Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble, and Borders. My sales are extremely slow, but I do get very good reviews from readers that read my book. But this is really not something that you could probably advise me on as far as improved book sales, but my real question is one that my kids posed to me the other day, the question was...How come your book is not in any library Daddy? I honestly could not answer that one for them, But I have to admit that I am now indeed just as curious as my kids are with that question. Thankyou for your time, and professional efforts.  Cordially, Dante' Chelossi Jr.

Answer
Dear Dante' Chelossi Jr.,
Congratulations on successfully publishing your book.
Libraries buy a book based on reading a good review in Publisher's Weekly. Other than that, I  don't know of any sure way to get libraries to buy a book.
To address the general issue of how to draw more attention to your book, there are several good books available. At my page for writers I have listed several titles you can find at Amazon.com
http://steamboats.com/writing.html
(see "good writing books" link)
I hope this helps. Write back if you want to discuss further.
Sincerely,
Nori

Writing Books

Nori J. Muster