Writing Books/Non-Fiction Writing Books or Sites?

Hello Niki,

I recently convertted to a new way of eating and while reading EVERY book out on the subject, I found them all to be lacking information for the true novice. All were Grim and far too serious! So after a very rough switch, due to lack of good info, I have decided that I want to write the book that I wish I had been able to read!

I know NOTHING about writing a book! I have my ideas down, and main thoughts or chapters split up.. and I have a pretty good idea of how I want the book to flow... but I'm sure there is so much more to it! Where would I go to learn all of this... is there a book? website? or software? I don't want to take a year to write this! I feel I can do this in 3 months! I just need someone to point me in the right direction :)
Thank you!

You can look in for nonfiction writing books. Just put "nonfiction" or "writing" in the search box. A good site is which has a variety of articles. would be good because it is about writing about food. You might want to find out an online critique group to help you with the book. I don't know if there are any, but a food writing group would be good for you. You can use a search engine to find one. Good luck!

Writing Books

Niki Taylor

What are good writing books? How can I write a writing book? Who publishes writing books?

I'm a writer/book reviewer from North Carolina. For almost three years, I have been freelance writing. My website is

Book on freelance writing at

Quiz writer for

Writes for

Contributor to Conquering Panic and Anxiety Disorders:
Success Stories, Strategies, and Other Good News. Hunter

Book review published in March 2002 Lambda Book Report.

Book Review published in August 2002 The Writer.

Article published in Pediatrics for Parents(Vol. 20, No. 1)

Book reviewer article published in January 2003 issue of AWP
Job List

Book Review Published in April 2003 Good Old Boat

Writing-related article published in May 24, 2003 Funds for
Writers Newsletter(Digest Number 210)

Book Review published in Dovetail
Article published in Openmind, November/December 2003
Article published in 12/17/03
Book review in FOOD WRITING A Bi-Weekly E-zine Vol. I, Issue 12 January 13, 2004
Teaches online class on book reviewing at

East Carolina University, Bachelor's of Arts in English with
a concentration in Writing, 1994
East Carolina University, Master's in Library Science, 1998
East Carolina University, Working on Master's of Arts in
English in Creative Writing Program, Jan. 1999-May 2000