Writing Books/Novel

Question
I finally finished my very first novel, but I believe it is way too short.  It is going to be a teen novel.  My book is exactly 120 pages and 28,000 words.  Is that too short?  How can I make it longer?  Starting tomorrow, I'm going to print it out and read it over to see what I can change.  Please help!  I really need the advice.
Thanks

Answer
Hello Claire,

If the work says everything you wanted to say, perhaps it should be considered a "short story" and you could consider having it published as that.  OR ... you may have to expand if you want a full fledged novel.  I had to do that on my first novel.  I sent the manuscript to a critic and he said I had to make it longer. I thought about how I could do that and found a way.  I can't tell you how to do yours without having read what you have written. If you have a good friend that you trust to read it, maybe he/she could suggest what might be expanded.  If you wish to send the manuscript to a critic, I suggest The Book Doctor.  

Happy writing,
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris