Writing Books/Past and Present by Thomas Carlyle

Question
Dear Sir,

I would like to ask what a blurb is and how to write one. I also would like to inquire about finding copyright free image sites as I have an assignment to design a cover for "Past and present" by Thomas Carlyle and to write a blurb for the book. Could you please assist me in this as I cannot find such sites.

Thank you very much.

Heidi  

Answer
Hello Heidi
A blurb is a paragraph or two found on the back of paperback books, or on the inside flaps of the jacket on a hardback book, that describes the book. It is usually pitched to encourage the reader why they should buy the book. I don't know of any copyright-free image sites at all, I'm afraid.

Writing Books

Paul Watt