Writing Books/Publishing

Question
I finished my book on raising children the right way, birth to age 18. I want to get it published. I am not sure how to get someone to edit it, or how to go about protecting myself from just sending it to someone. Does it cost a lot to get it edited. If you sat down a read it straight through it is about 3 hours long. Is is ever ok to just send it in if the spelling has been correct, yet not edited, if money is an issue. How do I find a publisher I can trust. How hard is it to try to do all this myself. Thank you in advance. I am an expert on here to, different field of rape and incest, so please know how grateful I am for the time you give.

Answer
Hello Sheryl,

I answered you last night but the internet shut down before I could send.  So I'll try again this morning even though it is so slow I can bake a cake while waiting. I have dial-up out here in the desert of CA, not high speed.

How do you find a publisher you can trust?  I don't know.  I had a publisher for the first two novels and then I left him because it was so frustrating. I could not bear to open another email from him.  Now I am using Virtual Book Worm self publishing firm.  They help with everything and it is not all that expensive.  I advise that you go the site:  http://www.virtualbookworm.com   and contact them.  They have a booklet that you can print out and a question and answer section that you can research.  I am using Spotlight Publicity for publicity on the third book which I hope will come out this summer or early fall.

Stay in touch and I'll keep you posted on how this works out for me.  I'll let you know of any problems I have.  You can contact me at dkm122535@sbcglobal.net

Happy writing,
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris