Writing Books/Recipes - cookbook style

Question
I am beginning a "practical home" book that will feature recipes that I have found and used over the years.  Are there any copyright laws that prohibit me from using other peoples recipes?  

Answer
Don't contact publishing companies for this. Please contact a laywer within your state. Copyright laws differ state to state and publishers are not responsible for keeping up to date with state to state laws -- as copyrights can be tricky.

Generally, anything that has been published will have a copyright you will have to respect -- unless the original publisher failed to copyright for a specific purpose.

You will need permision from every publisher of every copyright. Many may have "restrictions" that a laywer can better explain to keep you out of trouble.

Godspeed

Writing Books

Covenant Signature Publishing