Writing Books/Romanian Characters

Question

How do I make my character's dialogue believable? She speaks English, is thirteen, but is from Romania.
-Thank you!
-kevin82  

Answer
Hello Kevin,

You will have to put your own mind in such a place as a thirteen year old, Romanian immigrant girl would be. And that is difficult. How many thirteen year old girls have you listened to at length, whether American or Romanian? Would advise that you try this first. Then you might find a Romanian teenager to test your dialogue out on.

I don't know if you are using accents for other characters or not. If you are not, then you probably should not use an accent for her.

Wish I could give you a direct, perfect answer, but there is none for this question. You'll have to plunge in and then test the dialogue out on a young teenager.

Good luck and happy writing,
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris