Writing Books/Just Getting Started..

Question
I have a book idea on followership. It's based on a presentation that I had to give at short notice to my younger colleagues at work. It has been so well received that I want to put it in a book. I have never written a book before so I don't know how to get started or what the subsequent processes entail. I need help on this.

Answer
Dear Weyinmi,
Thank you for your letter. It sounds like you have a good reason to write a book. At my web page for writers I have posted some good resources - articles, links, and books. See:
http://steamboats.com/writing.html
A good book to get the book from your mind onto the paper is "Writing the Natural Way."
Once you have your first draft, I recommend the books, "The Elements of Style" and "On Writing Well" to polish your style and get your points across. The book, "Elements of Style," is the all time classic on style. All professional writers read this one over and over, especially the final chapter on style.
I have also posted an article on how to find a publisher. When you have a good first draft, start to work on your book proposal and start sending it out as you finish the book.
I hope this helps. Write back later if you want to discuss further.
Sincerely,
Nori

Writing Books

Nori J. Muster