Writing Books/Are you sure Suzy is not Katie?

Question
How do you create characters without making them obviously based on someone you know? Help!

Answer
Here are lots of ways.  First, if your person you are writing about is a female...in you story, make it a male.  If the person is skinny, make them fat.  If old, make them young, etc.

Or, if the character needs to be similar in gender, age, sex, etc., do what you can to change things.  If blonde make them with dark hair.  If good looking, perhaps make them not so attractive...give them glasses, or even a hearing aid.

Without any more specifics, that's about all I can tell you.  Hope it helps.   Sue

Writing Books

Sue Viders