Writing Books/Teen Novel Word Length

Question
Hi There,

I am in the middle of writing a fiction book for teens and I believe it's coming closer and closer to the end.  How many words am I suppose to have for a teen novel?  I'm up to 25,000.  I don't know how much more I can write.

Thanks in advance,
Claire

Answer
Hello Claire,

There is no rule for how many words a novel should have.  Use as many as you need to tell the story and no more.  If you wish, you might contact a publisher of teen books and ask them if they could make a suggestion; however, I doubt if they would tell you.  It is such an individual issue.  

Happy writing,
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris