Writing Books/Things that your life and work has taught you

Dear Ms. Zjawin

As a young and aspiring author, I would be grateful to receive some of your wisdom and knowledge.

Hence the following question:

What things have your life and work taught you about the art of writing, especially based on your special interests and subject covered by your writing?

I'm open to any advice or feedback.

Thanks in advance,

PS. If you could have me read and master the contents of one book or course, what would it be?  

That one must always be persistent and never give up.  That is the best that I can offer at this point.  Each writer must find his or her own way, often through trial and error.  No cookie-cutter approach or recipe exists yet and none will exist because every person is unique and has his or her own way of viewing the world and experiences.

Also, there is no single book or course that I can suggest.  However, your best bet is to visit a large bookstore's reference section and select one or more books that contain information that you feel is best for you.

Writing Books

Dorothy Zjawin

I can answer questions about getting ideas for books, approaching publishers and agents, developing book proposals.

Past/Present clients
Addison-Wesley and McGraw-Hill