Writing Books/Things that your life and work has taught you

Question
Dear Ms. Purling

As a young and aspiring author, I would be grateful to receive some of your wisdom and knowledge.

Hence the following question:

What things have your life and work taught you about the art of writing, especially based on your special interests and subject covered by your writing?

I'm open to any advice or feedback.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

PS. If you could have me read and master the contents of one book or course, what would it be?  

Answer
Hi Brian,

Sorry for the delay. This is a tough question. The best I can do is to tell you to read a lot in the genre you you want to write in. That's how I've learned. By reading, I've learned which publishers publish what, etc. I've also learned *tricks of the trade.* Such as, how to set up my story, where to end chapter, when to have the hero/heroine meet, etc.

Hope this helps!
Happy writing!
Victoria

Writing Books

Victoria Purling