Writing Books/Thinking of writing a book!

Well I have read all the How to raise...books I could get my hands on to try and figure out my kids..they are both red I want to get a book out their to parents on How to Raise a Red head...that is my title so far..I have stared researching the net..honestly there isnt a whole bunch of info out there for parents of red I would like to get something out there for us!!  Nothing fancy..just a lil book that relays to parents "I know how you feel!"

Followup To
Question -
I am thinking really hard of writing a How to book....I have never writtena  book and do not even know where to begin.  Can you send me in the right direction?
Answer -
What kind of book do you want write? Is it fiction or nonfiction? Look for books on that deal with that. You can also type what kind of book you want to write in a search engine. Articles and websites should result. Check out They have lots of free writing articles. Look at books in the genre you want to write in. Study how they're organzied, and who publishes them. Good luck.

I'm not a parent so I don't know many parenting resources. Look for parent writing groups; I know there are some online especially mom groups. Look in to find groups. They might be able to give you tips on how to write that kind of book and what publishers want those books. You might also want  to look at parenting magazines and newsletters especially if they talk about writing. A mom writing group could help you find those resources. Good luck.

Writing Books

Niki Taylor

What are good writing books? How can I write a writing book? Who publishes writing books?

I'm a writer/book reviewer from North Carolina. For almost three years, I have been freelance writing. My website is

Book on freelance writing at

Quiz writer for

Writes for

Contributor to Conquering Panic and Anxiety Disorders:
Success Stories, Strategies, and Other Good News. Hunter

Book review published in March 2002 Lambda Book Report.

Book Review published in August 2002 The Writer.

Article published in Pediatrics for Parents(Vol. 20, No. 1)

Book reviewer article published in January 2003 issue of AWP
Job List

Book Review Published in April 2003 Good Old Boat

Writing-related article published in May 24, 2003 Funds for
Writers Newsletter(Digest Number 210)

Book Review published in Dovetail
Article published in Openmind, November/December 2003
Article published in 12/17/03
Book review in FOOD WRITING A Bi-Weekly E-zine Vol. I, Issue 12 January 13, 2004
Teaches online class on book reviewing at

East Carolina University, Bachelor's of Arts in English with
a concentration in Writing, 1994
East Carolina University, Master's in Library Science, 1998
East Carolina University, Working on Master's of Arts in
English in Creative Writing Program, Jan. 1999-May 2000