Writing Books/Trends and demographics for book proposal.

Question
Hello Liz,
I am currently writing my first non fiction book proposal, for my spiritual/self help book and ran into a snag. The outline for book proposals asks: Who are the millions of readers? What are the trends, demographics, and polls supporting this? Liz, where would I find this information? I have searched the web for hours. Please help!
Thank You,
Staci

Answer
Well, Staci, sometimes the old ways are the best.  I'd recommend going to your local library and asking the reference librarian.  He/She just lives for finding the arcane answer.  Ask her your question and I'm sure she can find more medical journals, census tables and poll results than you can shake a stick at.

Make sure you were running shoes, I'll be tough to keep up with him once he gets started!  I found all the statistics I needed for my ministers' wives book just by asking my reference librarian.  And that was from a library servicing a town of only 50,000 people.

So, good luck.  Let me know how you make out.

Liz Aleshire
www.lizaleshire.com

Writing Books

Liz Aleshire