Writing Books/Working on multiple novels at once

Question
My name is Ray Pace and I am a young novelist looking to get published. However, I often wonder whether or not I should work on more than one novel at once. Sometimes I find myself unable to think of something for one novel, at which point I feel like working on another idea I have. is this wise?

Thank you for your time.

Answer
Hello, Ray,

I my opinion, no, it is not wise.  If, while working on one novel, you should think of a plot for another, jot down your idea in a little synopsis, and return to your work in progress.  Seems like your creative mind is full. That is good, but discipline is called for.  Right now I am working on one novel and I have two synopses typed up for novels. I consider them "waiting in the wings". I often become impatient to write one or the other of them, but stick to what I am doing.

Another thing to consider is that this second novel you are thinking about ... could you incorporate the story line, with a few adaptations, to your current work? I have done that, too, with success.
Happy writing,
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris