Writing Books/Writer's Block

Hello, I am an aspiring author and screenwriter. I am only in 7th grade but want a head start on my career path. I have been writing stories, mostly novels since 3rd grade. Unfortunately, for the past year and Ĺ I have only been able to write the occasional poem. I am completely stuck in a writer's block and have no idea how to get out of it. Any advice at all would be helpful. I enjoy reading and writing fantasies, adventures, mysteries, and suspense.

Dear Holli,
Thank you for your letter. At my page for writers I have posted an article about breaking writers block, see:
In addition to the information there, I will offer my thoughts about your particular situation. You say you like to write fantasies, adventures, mysteries, and suspense. That makes me think you probably like to read these genres as well. In addition to writing genre stories, I encouage you to investigate literary and mainstream fiction, as well. Let's see, you are starting high school (now or soon) and when you have the chance, I encourage you to study literature - American Lit, English Lit, World Lit, or whatever your high school offers. Also, consider studying languages - French, Spanish, German, Latin, or whatever you can get at your school. Writers love words and you will probably find the connections between the different languages will help you use words and find deeper meaning in words.
Always be patient with yourself when you get writer's block. It usually signals that you need to move to a higher level in your writing. You can do it.
Stay in contact.

Writing Books

Nori J. Muster

Writing and publishing books, including e-books.

I have been writing for publication since 1981, including years as a staff writer, associate editor, editorial writer, and freelance reporter. At this time, I have eight Kindle books for sale at

Lakes of Tempe Authors, Tempe, Arizona

Betrayal of the Spirit: My Life behind the Headlines of the Hare Krishna Movement
Dreaming Peace: Your Thoughts Can Change the World
Cult Recovery Handbook: Seven Paths to an Authentic Life
Child of the Cult
Learning to Flow with the Tao: The 64 Hexagrams of the I Ching
Positive Quotations: Wisdom from the Master Mind
Collected Writings: Five Books by Nori Muster
Noriland Art Gallery: Secrets from the Vault
Spiritual Summer and Other Short Stories

UCLA Extension Writer's Program, 1988 - 1994
Master's Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies, Western Oregon University, 1991

USA Today, Los Angeles Times, BBC World Services Focus on Faith, BBC Sunday Programme,, Glamour Magazine, Portland Mercury News, W-Five TV (Toronto), Publisher's Weekly, Boston Phoenix, San Francisco Chronicle, ABC TV News - 20/20, ABC radio, Associated Press, The Age (Melbourne),, The New York Times, Religious News Service, Dallas Morning News, Columbia Journalism School, Whole Life Times (Los Angeles), Toronto Sun, the John Dayle Show (KFYI AM, Phoenix), the Eliot Stein Show (syndicated radio and Internet broadcast), Discovery with Josh Wagner (KKUP, 91.5 FM, Santa Clara, California), KOGO (News Radio 600, San Diego), Jupiterís Girl syndicated radio show, Lakes Log.

Book Reviews:
Publisherís Weekly, Feminist Bookstore News, Yoga Journal, New York Post, Choice Magazine, Boston Herald, Nexus (Colorado), Gentle Strength Times, Coastlines (UCSB alumni), Theology Digest, Nova Religio, Rapport, India West,,

Book Signings:
Prescott College reunion; Gentle Strength Co-op, Tempe; Different Drummer Bookshop, Laguna Beach; L.A. Times Toastmasters; Biltmore Plaza Border's Books, Phoenix; Bodhi Tree Bookstore, Los Angeles; Health & Life Enrichment Expo, Pasadena; Sacramento Reads book festival, and others.

ISKCON World Review, Van Dhal Publications, Gentle Strength Times, Arizona Woman, Lakes Log, ICSA Today, Cultic Studies Review, University of Illinois Press, Kindle,,, Apple Books, and others.