Writing Books/Writer's block before Introduction??

I'm not sure why, but for some reason, I have all these ideas in my head for a book, I want to write them down, but I have no idea how to organize. I can't even start my introduction, because I'm not sure how an introduction is relevant in a fiction story.

I just need a lot of advice. This is my first book, and if I can write this one correctly, I'll be set for future books I might want to write.

Thank you for your time.

Dear Duke,
Thank you for your question. If you have a lot of ideas flying around in your head, the best thing to do is get a pen and notebook and start jotting them down. The subconscious mind is very big, while the conscious mind is small. Really, you can only think about one thing at a time. So when you're not thinking about your ideas, they get away. They dive back down into the subconscious and may not come up again for a long time. However, if you capture them in ink on paper, they are pinned down. The are that much closer to becoming part of your book.
At  my site i have posted a few thoughts on breaking writers block. See:
As for the introduction. Don't worry about that. Usually someone else writes the introduction. All you have to write is a preface, which is your words to the reader before they read the book. Most authors write that after they find a publisher and the book is going to press.
If you want help organizing your book, use the Fiction Writer's Workshop, also posted at my site.
I hope this helps. Write back if you have any further questions.

Writing Books

Nori J. Muster

Writing and publishing books, including e-books.

I have been writing for publication since 1981, including years as a staff writer, associate editor, editorial writer, and freelance reporter. At this time, I have eight Kindle books for sale at

Lakes of Tempe Authors, Tempe, Arizona

Betrayal of the Spirit: My Life behind the Headlines of the Hare Krishna Movement
Dreaming Peace: Your Thoughts Can Change the World
Cult Recovery Handbook: Seven Paths to an Authentic Life
Child of the Cult
Learning to Flow with the Tao: The 64 Hexagrams of the I Ching
Positive Quotations: Wisdom from the Master Mind
Collected Writings: Five Books by Nori Muster
Noriland Art Gallery: Secrets from the Vault
Spiritual Summer and Other Short Stories

UCLA Extension Writer's Program, 1988 - 1994
Master's Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies, Western Oregon University, 1991

USA Today, Los Angeles Times, BBC World Services Focus on Faith, BBC Sunday Programme,, Glamour Magazine, Portland Mercury News, W-Five TV (Toronto), Publisher's Weekly, Boston Phoenix, San Francisco Chronicle, ABC TV News - 20/20, ABC radio, Associated Press, The Age (Melbourne),, The New York Times, Religious News Service, Dallas Morning News, Columbia Journalism School, Whole Life Times (Los Angeles), Toronto Sun, the John Dayle Show (KFYI AM, Phoenix), the Eliot Stein Show (syndicated radio and Internet broadcast), Discovery with Josh Wagner (KKUP, 91.5 FM, Santa Clara, California), KOGO (News Radio 600, San Diego), Jupiterís Girl syndicated radio show, Lakes Log.

Book Reviews:
Publisherís Weekly, Feminist Bookstore News, Yoga Journal, New York Post, Choice Magazine, Boston Herald, Nexus (Colorado), Gentle Strength Times, Coastlines (UCSB alumni), Theology Digest, Nova Religio, Rapport, India West,,

Book Signings:
Prescott College reunion; Gentle Strength Co-op, Tempe; Different Drummer Bookshop, Laguna Beach; L.A. Times Toastmasters; Biltmore Plaza Border's Books, Phoenix; Bodhi Tree Bookstore, Los Angeles; Health & Life Enrichment Expo, Pasadena; Sacramento Reads book festival, and others.

ISKCON World Review, Van Dhal Publications, Gentle Strength Times, Arizona Woman, Lakes Log, ICSA Today, Cultic Studies Review, University of Illinois Press, Kindle,,, Apple Books, and others.