Writing Books/Do I have Writing Ability?

I have been told by my husband,friends and professors many, many times that I should write because I have a vivid imagination and I have lived a very interesting life.  Each time I am in a conversation with friends and family members they are in awe of the life exxperiences I have encountered.  I have papers at college that rated me A's in Composition and Rhetoric.  My problems is that there are so many different facets that I don't know how to put them on paper and I am not very good at punctuation.  What do you suggest?

I assume you want to write about your life. This means you would want to write an autobiography or memoirs. There are Internet resources that can teach you about this. There are even online classes for this. and are good websites, and they have articles on a variety of writing. You could type in "how to write a memoir" in a search engine, and things will come up. You could do the same with punctuation questions you have. An editor can also help with punctuation.

You have to decide if you want to write a book or essays. You have to explore publishers that want your type of writing. Publishers can be found in the book, Writer's Market. Anthologies such as the Chicken Soup for the Soul books use essays about life experiences. Subscribing to the free newsletters of the above sites will give you an idea about publishers. Good luck.

Writing Books

Niki Taylor

What are good writing books? How can I write a writing book? Who publishes writing books?

I'm a writer/book reviewer from North Carolina. For almost three years, I have been freelance writing. My website is

Book on freelance writing at

Quiz writer for

Writes for

Contributor to Conquering Panic and Anxiety Disorders:
Success Stories, Strategies, and Other Good News. Hunter

Book review published in March 2002 Lambda Book Report.

Book Review published in August 2002 The Writer.

Article published in Pediatrics for Parents(Vol. 20, No. 1)

Book reviewer article published in January 2003 issue of AWP
Job List

Book Review Published in April 2003 Good Old Boat

Writing-related article published in May 24, 2003 Funds for
Writers Newsletter(Digest Number 210)

Book Review published in Dovetail
Article published in Openmind, November/December 2003
Article published in 12/17/03
Book review in FOOD WRITING A Bi-Weekly E-zine Vol. I, Issue 12 January 13, 2004
Teaches online class on book reviewing at

East Carolina University, Bachelor's of Arts in English with
a concentration in Writing, 1994
East Carolina University, Master's in Library Science, 1998
East Carolina University, Working on Master's of Arts in
English in Creative Writing Program, Jan. 1999-May 2000