Writing Books/Writing Teen Books

Question
I want to write a fiction teen book, but I don't knwo what subjects will be good to write about. Any advice?

Answer
Kendra:

Just think of the things that are appealing to teens.  If you're going for the female market, friendships and romantic relationships are always a good bet.

Ultimately, though, teenagers read much the same things adults read.  When I was a teen, I was reading science fiction.  Friends of mine were reading mysteries, etc.

You really have a wide range of subject matter.  But if you want to tailor it to the teen market, consider having the main character a teen!  That's what I did with my newest, ONE NATION UNDER GOD.  I wasn't deliberately shooting for the teen audience.  It's a mature book.  But it just seemed to make the most sense to have a teen as the protagonist.

Hope that helps.

Writing Books

Vincent M. Wales