Writing Books/Writing a biography

I'm very interested in write a biography about Lord Byron or Oscar Wilde in Spanish. The problem is that I don't know how to begin. Where could I find information about Byron and Wilde? Need I a press card to access to files and information about these authors?
how could I make my daily work? search first and write after? Any ideas if there is any biography about Wilde and Byron? Where could I talk with experts who can help me with this work?

Dear Juan,

You say you want to write the biographies in Spanish, and you seem to have a good grasp of English, which is fortunate. That way, you can carry out your research at your local library. There are numerous biographies already written about both Wilde and Byron, and you will find them in the "Biography" section in your library. This is of course a free service; do not pay anyone to do your research when you have it at hand. You do not need a press card; you only need a library card, which is also free.

The Internet, of course, is another highly reliable source of information. It would be best if you read several different books or sources of information on each person, and make pertinent notes on each source. That way, you will have a unique perspective from which to gather and arrange your own information before you begin to write.

I certainly wish you well on this venture; I would think there would be a need for biographies on Wilde and Byron for the Spanish-speaking population. You are very enterprising to take this on; it will promote more knowledge among those who may have never heard of these important historical figures.

I hope that helps.

All Best,
Catherine Van Herrin

Writing Books

Catherine Van Herrin

I am an American-born, native English speaker with a BA in English and more than 26 years of professional editing, writing, and proofreading experience. I have edited several books and book-length manuscripts. References and titles available upon request.

For further work or assistance with larger projects, see my profile here, with 190 excellent reviews: WordChannel Professional Reviews, Ratings

I can use British-English or American-English, and I am very familiar with Chicago and AP style.

More than 26 years' U.S. publishing industry experience, editorial (print). I provide crystal-clear, clean grammar; strict attention to style, consistency, flow, logic, accuracy, and spelling, and I work quickly and efficiently.

I do not format or provide technical assistance in publishing books. I use MS Word only.

If I can help you further, contact me at the website above (create a job request) or write to me at My rate is $0.008 per word. Send requests/inquiries to I accept currency only through PayPal, with 50% of the total at project initiation; the balance is due upon project completion.

Editorial Freelancers' Association, USA

AA, Liberal Arts, Anderson College, Anderson, South Carolina. BA, English, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia. Post-graduate concentration: Post-war Irish poetry and early 18th century English fiction, Angelo State University, San Angelo, Texas.

I have worked with authors in the UK, Canada, the US, and several other countries. References and titles available on request.