Writing Books/Writing a book

I'm thinking about writing a book about drugs.  I believe the title would be Legalizing Drugs in the US.  I feel there have probably been a number of books already written on this subject.  I also feel that there is a ton of information about this subject on the internet.
Only problem, could be plagiarism involved.  I started writing about 6 days ago, got some info from the interent.  Then wrote to some of these internet websites.  A person wrote back to me this morning and claimed that books of this nature do not sell very well even if you are an experienced writer.  Any thoughts?  Thanks Steve Zimmett

The person probably said that because it is a controversial topic. People not in favor of legalizing drugs would probably not read the book, and that would be alot of people. I'm not saying controversial topics are not written about, but publishers are more likely to go with a topic that appeals to most people. That's my opinion anyway.

Writing Books

Niki Taylor

What are good writing books? How can I write a writing book? Who publishes writing books?

I'm a writer/book reviewer from North Carolina. For almost three years, I have been freelance writing. My website is

Book on freelance writing at

Quiz writer for

Writes for

Contributor to Conquering Panic and Anxiety Disorders:
Success Stories, Strategies, and Other Good News. Hunter

Book review published in March 2002 Lambda Book Report.

Book Review published in August 2002 The Writer.

Article published in Pediatrics for Parents(Vol. 20, No. 1)

Book reviewer article published in January 2003 issue of AWP
Job List

Book Review Published in April 2003 Good Old Boat

Writing-related article published in May 24, 2003 Funds for
Writers Newsletter(Digest Number 210)

Book Review published in Dovetail
Article published in Openmind, November/December 2003
Article published in 12/17/03
Book review in FOOD WRITING A Bi-Weekly E-zine Vol. I, Issue 12 January 13, 2004
Teaches online class on book reviewing at

East Carolina University, Bachelor's of Arts in English with
a concentration in Writing, 1994
East Carolina University, Master's in Library Science, 1998
East Carolina University, Working on Master's of Arts in
English in Creative Writing Program, Jan. 1999-May 2000