Writing Books/Writing fiction stories

Question
Hi. I've been writing fictional stories for about 4 to 5 years, but I'm only 15 right now. Someday when I get older I would like to publish some of my pieces. Although, I never get to my endings. Do you have any suggestions for me to become a better writer? thanks ! :D

Answer
Hello Melissa,

The answer is simple to give, but may be difficult for you to do; however, it is necessary.  You must compel yourself to continue to THE END.  You are giving up when the task becomes difficult and need to apply self-discipline. At first it will not matter how you end one of your stories, just take it to the end.  If you want to change the ending, then do so.  You might also ask yourself why you are so afraid of endings.  You may also find that after you do it one time, the next will be easier.

Additional advice for any young writer is to study English grammar devotedly.  Learn to love the language, and read, read, read.

Happy writing,
Dorothy  

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris