Writing Books/age for writing

Question
hi i am 13 and i want to know why people always say i am too young to write a book.
isnt it true that if you have a great idea and have enthusiasm to write a book you should go ahead and do it.
i know someone in my class who has written a book and it's really good.
i think if you have determination and a good idea then it doesnt matter the age. i am writing a book right now and though i have little experiance i am finding it ok so far and you tend to find that every writer 10, 25, 57 whatever you will find difficulties in different parts of the story so why should young people writing be such a problem, if you have the ability age shouldnt matter should it?

Answer
Hello Lilly,

There is no reason why you shouldn't write a book. You have thirteen years of experience to draw on.

Here is another suggestion:  If you want to write, now is a good time to begin to use correct grammar, punctuation and capitalization.  It is a very good habit to get into.

Happy writing,
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris