Writing Books/agents

Is it ever appropriate to ask an agent for feedback on a  rejected book or why it was rejected?

One agency replied that it was okay to send a revision of my sample chapter another said it was okay to send something new. I am trying to be cautious and try to be sure that they get what they want. Any tips on how I can do better this time?

Hi Demitrius,
Sorry about the delay in replying but I have been flying from France and Morocco for the last week.

Yes, you should certainly expect feedback from your agent. Also a good agent will work with you to correct any perceived problems. I would not send off anything new without running it by my agent.

All the best

Writing Books

Sandy McCutcheon

Author of 22 plays, 12 bestselling thrillers, a memoir and children's fiction.I can work with people on the process of writing, what to expect and ask for from an editor. How to work with the publisher`s marketing and publicity people. And how to survive book launches and publicity tours!

Published author of 22 plays, 12 bestselling thrillers, a young adult and three non-fiction titles. Visit his Moroccan blog at http://www.riadzany.blogspot.com for a look at his blogging work.

St Andrews, Helsinki University and other institutions. Adult Educator of the Year Award, Australia